Thursday, January 1, 2009

Flipping 429


The name of this blog very simply (and I like to think cleverly) states the project which Philip and I have recently undertaken: we are flipping the cutest little house which we own as of last October (the 24th to be exact).

Flipping 429 Brook Court has been quite the ambitious project for Phil and me. It has been the biggest project either one of us has ever been a part of and it is taking place during a very busy time in both of our lives: with Phil's two jobs, my school (now a thing of the past), my job, and our wedding in the planning, among other normal "life things" of course.

Yet despite the constant search for time to do more work, the seemingly endless writing of checks and requesting of estimates, and the filthy work days (of which there have been far too few), Phil and I are so happy to have a little house to call our own and where we can start our lives together.

When you see the pictures of the (lack thereof) walls, holes in the ceiling, paint scraping and wall paper removing, you may, very understandibly so, conclude that Phil and I are lunatics for claiming that this is a very happiness-filled season in our lives. But we'd like to share this with you all just the same.

We hope that in a few months, you, like us, will rejoice in witnessing our finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment