Sunday, January 25, 2009

then comes a house

After finding out that the title of this blog was creating some confusion as to Phil's and my intention with our house, I consulted the source of all knowledge (Google) to find out just why. I ran into this little definition:

flipping: v.tr. practice of buying an asset and quickly reselling it for profit

And, ta-da! There lies the reason! I'm at fault for my poor researching habits (aka laziness). I guess I wasn't so clever after all.

To answer the question: No Phil and I are not, by definition, flipping the house. We plan on moving in and living there for 1-25 or 50 years. Just kidding, we just actually don't know how long we'll be there for.

So now I am faced with the task (can I say burden?) of naming this little blog once again. I (we) have decided to call our little blog:

then comes a house

"Why?" you may wonder. To answer THIS question, I will leave you with proof of our first-grade-level kind of humor:

Phil and Esther,
sitting in a tree,
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
first comes love,
then comes a house,
then comes marriage,
then comes a baby in a golden carriage!

And just in case this inspires yet another question about a baby in Phil's and my baby carriage, I'd like to point out that the "then" in this little children's verse implies the unknown future of which we are not yet aware. A baby in a baby carriage will undeniably call for its own blog post when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment